نقد و بررسی تخصصی الكترود جیوه قطره چكان ساخت کمپانی Basi
دستگاه رشد جیوه ساخت کمپانی Basi امریکا
الکترود جیوه قطره چکان
الکترود قطره چکاننده جیوه
پلاروگرافی یكی از تكنیكهای ولتامتری می باشد كه در آن الكترود كار، الكترود قطره چكان جیوه می باشد.
Mercury drop working electrodes are invaluable for certain applications due to their high overpotential for hydrogen ion reduction and the high reproducibility of the electrode surface.
Mercury drop electrodes are generated by the BASi Controlled Growth Mercury Electrode (CGME) in three modes:
- DME (Dropping Mercury Electrode) – mercury is allowed to flow freely from the reservoir down the capillary and so the growth of the mercury drop and its lifetime is controlled by gravity. (The optional 100 µm capillary is recommended for this mode.)
- SMDE (Static Mercury Drop Electrode) – the drop size is determined by the length of time for which the fast-response capillary valve is opened, and the drop is dislodged by a drop knocker. The dispense/knock timing is microprocessor-controlled and is typically coordinated with the potential pulse or square-wave waveform. This mode can also used to generate the Hanging Mercury Drop Electrode required for stripping experiments.
- CGME (Controlled Growth Mercury Electrode) – the mercury drop is grown by a series of pulses that open the capillary valve. The number of pulses, their duration, and their frequency can be varied by PC control, providing great flexibility in both the drop size and its rate of growth. This CGME mode can be used for both polarographic and stripping experiments.
The CGME mode is available only on the BAS 100B/W and the CV-50W, whereas the SMDE mode is available with any PC- or microprocessor-controlled potentiostat (including the EC epsilon). The dispense and knock functions can also be manually controlled, so a Hanging Mercury Drop Electrode can be generated manually (e.g., for stripping experiments using the CV-27).
A built-in gas control allows purging or blanketing of the sample prior to or during analysis, and there is a magnetic stirrer for experiments requiring convection, such as stripping voltammetry. The cell arm with detachable cell top allows easy access to the electrodes for rinsing and cleaning, and the cell top is also compatible with BASi voltammetry working electrodes. The stir motor/cell vial base pivots for easy removal and replacement of the cell vial.
Please note that mercury is not included with the CGME due to shipping regulations. Please purchase triply- or quadruply-distilled mercury from a company that is licensed to ship mercury.
- Wide range of drop sizes
- Programmable drop growth with the BAS 100B/W and CV-50W
- DME, SMDE, and CGME modes
- HMDE available in SMDE and CGME modes
- Good electrical contact minimizes electrode resistance
- Fast response time
- Rapid drop stabilization
- Small volume glass cell vials
- Water-jacketed cell vial
- Cell top compatible with BASi voltammetry electrodes
- Standard addition port
- Quick-connect input gas line connector
- Easy maintenance
- Minimal metal contact reduces metal contamination
- Self-contained power supply
- Mounted magnetic stirrer with 50-800 rpm
- Manual and remote control of mercury dispense, drop knock, stirrer on/off, inert gas purge/blanket
- Minimal chance of mercury spills
- Standard package:
- Cell stand with magnetic stirrer and gas purge utilities
- ۱۵۰ µm ID glass capillaries (2)
- Platinum auxiliary electrode
- Ag/AgCl reference electrodes (3)
- Standard glass cell vials (12)
- Stir bar
- Startup kit (vacuum degas kit, mercury loading syringe, blunt needle, tubing)
- Mercury pickup tool (plastic rod with silver tip) and plastic spill tray